Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Invasion of the Podcasts!


I enjoyed searching for podcasts. The number and variety is quite amazing.

Of the three podcast sites we had to search, I liked
Podcast Alley the best. It seems to have a greater variety of podcasts than NPR Podcast Directory or Library of Congress podcasts.

From Podcast Alley, I subscribed to Library Geeks podcast because I like technology. Their website is:
One Big Library

From the NPR Podcast Directory, I subscribed to the NPR Book Tour podcast because I like books read and discussed by their authors and because non-fiction was included. Their website is:
NPR Book Tour

I did not subscribe to the Library of Congress podcast of the National Book Festival 2008 because, quite frankly, it did not interest me.

I did add one extra podcast. I am interested in health and nutrition, so I also subscribed to The Gary Null Show Podcast, a podcast whose host is a well known authority on health and the politics of welbeing. His website is:
Gary Null: Your Guide to Natural Living.

There are many podcasts that I think I might really enjoy, but I think that picking these few to start with is better than being overwhelmed by too large a selection.

No comments: